Are you tired of the discomfort and inconvenience that often comes with dentures and dry mouth? Fear not, there is a sweet solution that might change your lifestyle – Xylitol. I’ll dive into how Xylitol can be a game-changer for denture wearers dealing with dry mouth.
Xylitol is a natural sugar found in fruits and vegetables. Although it is a sweetener, it is not an actual sugar and is safe for diabetics to use with a glycemic index of 7 compared to 100 for glucose. So, it is considered a healthy alternative to sugar and sugar substitutes.
Here’s how Xylitol can help denture wearers with dry mouth:
- Stimulates Saliva Production helping to alleviate the discomfort of dry mouth.
- Fights Bacteria to help reduce the risk of dental infections and bad breath.
- Protects Against Tooth Decay and can inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause cavities.
- Gentle on Dentures and oral tissues and reduces irritation caused by dentures.
Incorporating Xylitol into your daily routine is easy. Here are a few ways:
- Xylitol Gum or Mints
- Xylitol Toothpaste (for natural teeth only; don’t use it to clean your dentures)
- Xylitol Mouthwash
- Xylitol Sweeteners in drinks and cooking
6 grams of Xylitol each day might help you say goodbye to denture discomfort and hello to a happier, healthier smile!